Donnerstag, 18. September 2014

Mashed Potatoes



When our English teacher told us to post a blog entry about our favourite dish I knew immediately what I was going to write about: MASHED POTATOES!

This is the absolute best dish in the whole world. I guess I could eat it almost every day and still wouldn’t get enough of it. Well-prepared mashed-potatoes just taste great- so fluffy and salty. You hardly have to chew it but still a little... Just perfect!

Although it is not a very difficult dish to prepare I am unfortunately too lazy to peel all the potatoes and wait for such a long time until they are finally cooked, so I do not make it very often at home. In addition to that, I am also not a very good cook, and this is pretty much the only dish I can cook that also tastes really good. So now I want to tell you how I make mashed potatoes.

Here’s what you need:
 



  • 800g potatoes
  • 40g butter, chopped
  • 1/3 cup hot milk (see note)
  • extra butter, to serve



    And that’s what you have to do:

Step 1

Peel potatoes and cut into large chunks. Cook in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 20 minutes or until very tender but not falling apart.

Step 2
 
Drain potatoes well. Return to saucepan over low heat. Using a potato masher, roughly mash potatoes.

Step 3

Add butter and hot milk to potatoes. Beat with a wooden spoon until fluffy. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with extra butter and salt and pepper.

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen