Sonntag, 27. April 2014


Hengistbury Head


On our first schoolday in Southbourne we did a guided tour to a place called Hengistbury Head. It was an extremely nice afternoon. We walked up to a cliff and enjoyed the incredible view which showed Southbourne, the beach and the ocean. Then we followed a small path through grasses and bushes. It led us to a place that showed different rock layers. They had a yellow color and turned the water of the puddles around in the same color. It looked pretty amazing.

After our little stop we walked down the hill to the beach. Down there we spent about half an hour only watching the waves. I think loads of us are missing the sea in Austria.

Afterwards we passed some adorably cute houses. The little huts were definitely one of my favourite parts of our whole journey.  The most pupils enjoyed an ice-cream or a coffee next to them until it was time to start back to the bus. We walked through something that looked a lot like a heath. It was a really nice trip.  

 

6 Kommentare:

  1. Nice text! Even though i didn´t get the thing with the sea in Austria...

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Really good text! I think the same way about this trip (;

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. There's a sea in Austria? Leopoldskroner Weiher?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Jonas I don't think you get my point, but I forgive you. And I am also very surprised that you know about Leopoldskroner Weiher because it's far away from Saaldorf.

      Löschen
  4. I think that's a really nice summary of our trip to Hengistbury Head. You mentioned everything and I share your thoughts about the trip.

    (Haha, Jonas - I like your comment.)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. NIce written! Sounds like you really had a nice time at Hengistbury Head.
    Greets Yvonne and Beatrice (:

    AntwortenLöschen