Mittwoch, 23. April 2014

“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”

I thought that London couldn’t give me anything. Nothing new, nothing special, no experience at all. I’ve been there before and I like the city but I thought that there’s nothing more to see for me. But I was wrong. In the end I saw something really new, really special. I saw that on a journey the point is not seeing sights, seeing buildings that are different from the ones at home. The point is spending time with people. When I realized this, I saw what our trip to London really was: New, special and an interesting experience. Spending time with people is always a new experience. Drinking tea with your classmates in a Chinese restaurant can become a wonderful experience. Eating in an Indian restaurant for the first time can become a wonderful experience. Walking through Camden market with a boy you’ve known nearly all your life but you’ve never really KNOWN. That can also be a wonderful experience. Even chasing squirrels to get a good picture can become a wonderful experience. And running away from those squirrels can become one. It’s strange. I didn’t meet new people in London. But I saw the ones I thought I’d know in another way. Travelling is an excellent chance to get a new way of seeing things. Or in my case: seeing people.

Quote (Title): Henry Miller

8 Kommentare:

  1. I love your text! You are completely right, I think everybody one the trip experienced the same in some way or another, even if they didn't realise it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I love the way you write! And I also love all the quotes you use..! Very well written

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Excellent blog entry, the quote was a fantastic way to get it rolling! The content is great reading material, marvelously well written!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Your blog entry is really intersting, I love the way you write too!! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I totally agree with you. At the beginning I also thought that because I also have been there for some times ago. But you are right, it was not like a normally sightseeing trip. I really love your text!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Your texts are always so great! I really enjoy reading texts of you!

    AntwortenLöschen