Dienstag, 22. April 2014

What Really Took My Breath Away



 “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.”  -Shing Xiong
England is one of the most beautiful countries, I have ever been to. There I got to known new people, new experiences and new impressions. These are experiences, which will stay for me for the rest of my life and nobody can take them away from me. This trip was completely new for me: far away from my family, far away from my friends and far away from my home.
In retrospect the most amazing thing about the trip for me were the two different parts: five days in Bournemouth and three days in London. They both opened my eyes to new aspects of life, culture and myself. Apart from the many interesting excursions and organised activities like the day-trip to Portsmouth, the film night and the lessons at the language school, what impressed me most was the friendliness and openness of the people and the fact that all the red bricked houses looked the same!
There was not a lot to do in Bournemouth, where our host family live, which was an amazing contrast to what we experienced in London. Of course, I was fascinated by the sights that we visited: Big Ben, the London Eye, Tower Bridge and Buckingham Palace. However, what really took my breath away was the unique flair and feeling of freedom. London is famous for its multicultural lifestyle and individualism. Now I can understand why so many people want to move away from the red bricked houses in the suburbs to this vibrant city.

4 Kommentare:

  1. Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I really enjoyed reading your blog because it was really interesting and it also has a good structure! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I agree with you that London is a wonderderful city. I also liked the view and what I liked most of London was that there were some old buildings next to some new, high, glass buildings.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I really like your blog entry because the way your text is written is amazing! I agree with your point of view about our trip because it was great. :)

    AntwortenLöschen