Montag, 28. April 2014

My Personal Highlight

Dear fellow students, teachers and who ever should happen to stumble upon this blog,


I have to honestly say I didn’t expect our trip to England to be as good as it turned out to be. I was expecting rain -lots of it- and the town, or as it ended being a city, we were staying in, to be small and dull. However, my expectations were exceeded and there were many things I enjoyed, ranging from eating Chinese to the rays of sunshine that greated me most mornings when I woke up, in my pink and flowery room in Southbourne. Yes pink. Stop laughing. I know you are. Seriously. Alright, anyway, frankly the thing that amazed me the most was the British Museum.

Ah yes, the British Museum, a marvelous piece of architecture and the secrets, mysteries and knowledge that lie within its walls are awe striking and nearly incomprehensible. Of course you must be someone who likes history, ancient cultures, and on and on and on, yet I believe there wasn’t one person who came out and thought that that excursion had been a waste of time. 

Despite this, why was the museum my personal A-rank? I guess you could say I’ve still got that portion of the 9-year old in me because what still fascinates me with still augmenting curiosity are mummies. Not mummys, which ask us “How was your day?” at the dinner table, but those 3000-year old wrapped in cloth skeletons that had their brain pulled out through the nose. Yes, those mysterious bags of cloth and bones of kings and queens, sealed in stone tombs in the sand, under pyramids, in eternal sleep as 50-foot colossal obelisks carved out of limestone stand watch over their final resting place.

Leading on, as you would expect of such a prestigious world museum, the Egyptian display was enormous! Perfect, for a “nerd” like myself when it comes to that topic. Johannes shared the same enthusiasm and we spent a solid 2 hours in the exhibit, looking at every item on display, reading every info-sign and taking picture after picture, room for room. 

Well, before you all get dusty and old reading this, I hope you all found the trip as brilliant as I did, maybe not in the same aspects but share the same overall opinion. 





5 Kommentare:

  1. Excellent! As we all expected it to be.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I really like the way you wrote your text. It was very entertaining to read!

    However, I don't really get the thing with the mummys....

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Dear Jonas,

    I don't really share your enthusiasm for mummies, anyway they are worth to see them. When I arrived at the exhibition, I could see nothing but loads of people with the aim to take pictures. As it was my turn, I couldn't examine them, because there was a long queue behind me.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I really like the way you wrote your blog, especially the part with your room ;)

    AntwortenLöschen